Coronavirus has threatened the whole world and today you will get to know its severe symptoms, causes and prevention. So, let’s get down to our core topic of discussion.
What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus is actually a family of viruses that usually causes disease in animal groups birds and mammals. So the name coronavirus is definitely not new to the world.
Recently, we have seen news circling around on the social media and the news channels that human victims of coronavirus are increasing every day for the last two weeks. Let’s find out about what is coronavirus and the origin of this deadly coronavirus and how it spreads and what are its symptoms, causes and prevention.
Origin of Coronavirus in humans
In 2012, the very first coronavirus was reported in Saudi Arabia and after that it spread and caused illness in 25 different countries.
The origin of this recently reported coronavirus is said to be in Wuhan, one of the central Chinese cities. According to the latest research, it is believed that this virus came from one of the seafood market in Wuhan which also sell Wild Animals. As much as we know, so far all the major cases of coronavirus have come from Wuhan. However, some of these people are from Thailand or Japan but it has been confirmed that they also have got this coronavirus from Wuhan.
This life-threatening disease is caused by the novel coronavirus and is totally new therefore it hasn’t got any name yet. The symptoms of this virus in some of the victims are very mild and they haven’t end up in the hospital. But those who have high symptoms had to go to the hospital in emergency and most of them have faced death.
In China, the people who got this virus are mostly older people that are more than 40 years old. However, the very youngest persons diagnosed are 13-14 years old. Which clearly discloses that small children aren’t affected from this deadly coronavirus.
It appears that those who have died till now tends to have an underlined condition. Means they already got some serious disease like cancer or heart disease. While we were researching, we found that the persons with weak immune systems that are not so robust, find it very hard to fight this fatal virus.
That’s not all, the news has been confirmed that this coronavirus is transmitted from one person to another and we have shared below what precautionary measures you should take.
Coronavirus is infectious
First, it was known that coronavirus only comes from animals but the seafood market has now been closed for a while now and it is still spreading so it’s quite clear that this disease passes from one human being to another and not the animals only.
As coronavirus is a virus and not a bacteria, anti-biotic cannot fight this disease. Moreover, this coronavirus is different from all other viruses including the flu virus. Therefore, there isn’t any treatment or vaccine yet for this threatening coronavirus as it is brand new.
How deadly is coronavirus as compared to other outbreaks in the past?
Comparing it with the older viruses, the death rate of coronavirus is 2% only. Furthermore, it is said that these patients already had underline conditions and could have been died if they were infected with just a normal flu.
In 2002-2003, SARS outbreak panic the whole world and the death ratio was 11% of those who got infected. SARS was very much similar to this coronavirus.
The Ebola virus in South Africa had a death rate of almost 50%.
Causes of Coronavirus
Coronavirus is a family of viruses that is usually found in animal groups like mammals and birds. Wild animals are most likely to have them. This coronavirus is originated due to illegal trading of wild animals in a seafood market in Wuhan. Therefore, for now, Wuhan and that seafood market is considered to be the core and only cause of this infectious coronavirus. However, there are some symptoms and prevention tips that everyone must know and specifically the citizens of China.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
Human Coronavirus will cause lower respiratory tract illness. Pneumonia and Bronchitis can be the best examples of coronavirus in humans. Following are few symptoms of the coronavirus and if you are an adult or older person or have a weak immune system, you must not take these symptoms light.
- Runny nose
- Infection in upper throat
- Sore throat
- Infection in nose
- Dry throat
- Infection in sinuses
If you are living in China or a citizen of China and you are facing these symptoms, we suggest you to visit a doctor or a hospital as soon as possible.
Coronavirus prevention tips
All of us should know that the Coronavirus influenza outbreak this time is very serious & fatal. There’s no cure once you are infected. It’s spreading from China to various countries.
- Try to keep your throat moist
- Do not let your throat dry up
- Do not hold your thirst because once your membrane in your throat is dried, the virus will invade into your body within 10 minutes.
- When you sneeze or cough, use tissue and throw it in the garbage.
- If you see someone else coughing or sneezing continuously, try to keep distance from him as we already mentioned that this disease is infectious.
- When you cough, sneeze or shake hands with someone, wash your hands as soon as possible
- Drink 50-80cc warm water, 30-50cc for kids, according to age.
- Try to stay at home when you sick specifically fever.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth or eyes.
- Every time you feel your throat is dry, do not wait, keep water in hand. Do not drink plenty at one time as it doesn’t help, instead continue to keep throat moist.
- Till end of March 2020, do not go to crowded places.
- Wear mask as needed especially in train or public transportation.
- Avoid fried or spicy food.
- Load up vitamin C.
Travelers in China should follow these:
- Avoid or postponed unnecessary trip to Hubei and more specifically Wuhan, the province’s capital.
- Avoid meeting with adults or old Chinese people who have underlined health conditions.
- Don’t go to animal markets
- Avoid going to seafood or meat market for buying meat.
- Try to avoid animals no matter they are alive or dead as they are the main cause and origin of this disease.
- Don’t visit or meet any sick people.
- Delay or cancel any planned hospital visit.
- Try to wear mask throughout your China tour when outside your apartment.
Summary of Coronavirus; Causes, symptoms and Prevention
Coronavirus is a family of virus that is mostly found in animals and specifically wild animals. Human Coronavirus is a brand new virus and therefore it has no cure for now. Symptoms are cough, fever, headache and running nose. Most of the cases reported are adults over 40. It is caused by wild animals and is infectious so it can transfer from person to person. You can prevent yourself from avoiding unnecessary trip to China, washing hands whenever you cough, sneeze or meet someone. If you see above symptoms in your body. Visit a doctor as soon as possible.